Web Content Writer
Creating compelling copy that converts.
Discover how working with a website content writer can help you to connect with your audience and deliver the right information at exactly the right moment.
When it comes to writing your online content, it can be hard to keep it informative and interesting. I’ve seen countless examples of companies churning out bland copy that immediately falls flat. If you want to connect with your audience, you need compelling copywriting that converts.
“Writing great content isn’t about stringing together the most complicated or quirky words. People hate that. Keep it simple and to the point.”
Why I Offer Website Copywriting Services with a Difference
Whether you need a fresh pair of eyes on your existing website content, or if you’re launching a new website from scratch and need help defining your voice – I can help. From about pages to product descriptions, these things matter more than you know.
There are a few reasons to invest in good copywriting. The first is discoverability. Your website content needs to work for SEO. Luckily for you, I happen to have 2 years experience as an SEO account manager. Writing for search engines doesn’t have to mean dull or robotic content. With the right web content writer, you can enjoy the best of both worlds.
The second reason is to help connect to your audience. Your website content should evoke a reaction. If your current web content doesn’t inspire your customers to act, you have to wonder if it’s working for you? Professional website copywriting services can help to set your business apart from the competition.
Design can only communicate so much. You could have the most beautiful website in the world, but if the words on the page are awkward and laborious to read, your customers will quickly tune out.
I love getting to the heart of a business and finding out what makes their customers tick. Your web copy should be clear, concise, engaging and easy-to-follow. Without this, you may as well leave the “lorum ipsum” text supplied by the web developer.
My Process: How Does a Web Content Writer Work?
It all starts with a discovery call to find out more about your business. I’ll dig deep to explore where you’ve been and where you dream of going.
I’ll then immerse myself in your industry, getting to know your customers and your competitors. I take the time to get to know your company so that every word is chosen with intention.
I then set about crafting your website content. I can either upload it directly to your CMS, share it in a CMS like Gather Content, or simply provide Google Docs files.
80% of my clients are happy to put the first draft live on their website, but I offer complimentary edits as part of my all-inclusive pricing.
Top Signs You Need a Website Copy Refresh
- You’re getting visitors but no conversions. If people are landing on your website and failing to take action, this can be a sign that you aren’t connecting with your audience.
- It doesn’t reflect your voice. If you feel awkward reading your content aloud, this is usually a sign that it isn’t a good reflection of your company voice.
- Your content is all facts and no emotion. It doesn’t matter if you work in the most niche B2B sector, you’re still trying to sell to other people. Don’t be afraid to use emotion in your website content.
- Your content is over-optimised. If you struggle to read your website content because of all the keyword stuffing, then guess what? Your visitors will struggle to read it too! (And keyword stuffing doesn’t even work anymore.)
- Your company is growing. If you wrote your website copy when you were a 1 person start up and now you’re a 50 strong team, chances are the website copy doesn’t reflect your current circumstances.
- You’ve been staring at it for so long, words no longer look like words. This is perhaps the most common reason companies hire me. If you need a fresh pair of eyes on your website content, I’m your girl.
I’ve yet to come across a company I can’t help. I’ve worked on everything from manufacturing companies to construction companies. I’ve worked for personal trainers and utility companies. I’m always up for the challenge.
I’ve been a web content writer for 7 years and have worked with companies of all shapes and sizes. Personal trainers, travel agents, energy comparison websites – they’ve all trusted me to give them a voice.